Here’s a copy of the review for this book I just posted on my GoodReads.com profile. If you’re married, planning to be or anywhere in between on that spectrum, you should plan on picking up this book and reading it for your benefit. Hope you enjoy.
I’ve still got a few more chapters to read to finish up this book but I could have told you after the Introduction and Chapter 1 that if you’re married, or ever planning to be you should pick up this book and read it. It’s loaded with not just good information on managing money and your marriage but just insights on life and relationships in general.
I’m blessed to say that I know Brian and Cherie personally as we’ve attended the same church and Brian and Cherie have also both been involved in mentoring our two children. (Hmmmm, parenting book in the future?!)
When you combine their personalities and senses of humor with the faith-based, Bible supported and real-life experienced insights they share with the reader, you really can’t go wrong with this book. The other thing I enjoyed with this book is the questions and challenges they present for you to do some “homework” as you read the book. It really helps to solidify the lessons being learned and the content that’s being shared so you’ll remember it and apply it to your own life and marriage more effectively.
In each of the 10 chapters in the book, the Lowe’s weave together a tapestry of engaging storytelling with guidance that really will work. As is the theme I’ve found in a few sections, what’s presented isn’t necessarily complicated, but it’s not easy. You’ve got to work at these things to improve them in your relationship and they give you not just the tools and tactics, but also the encouragement to get you through the tasks at hand.
Whether you’re single, engaged, in the honeymoon stage, or at your whit’s end and contemplating divorce (or anywhere in between in that spectrum), do yourself, your marriage and your bank account a favor and pick up this book and apply it to your life. I can almost guarantee you won’t turn the last page without having been changed by what you’ve read between the covers.
- Do We Need to Change the Rules? - November 27, 2018
- Book Review: Your Money, Your Marriage by Cherie & Brian Lowe - September 25, 2018
- Students Write About Digital Marketing and Win $1000 Scholarship - January 10, 2018
- Are We Pushing Our Kids Too Much - April 30, 2017
- Are You a Doctor? Didn’t Sleep in a Holiday Inn Last Night? - April 27, 2017
- A Brilliant Cross-Over From Real Life Fitness to Video Game Play - December 9, 2016
- How’s Your Husband Doing? - July 7, 2016
- Homeschooler Ryan Beard Performs on America’s Got Talent - June 29, 2016
- World War II Deaths Video Visualization - December 23, 2015
- Finding More Info About Colleges and Universities - October 28, 2015