A friend of mine recently posted about her experience dining out with her family at a local restaurant. Perhaps much to the surprise of the waitress’s intention, she was boldly insulting the guests she was serving based on her actions and statements. I really encourage you to go read her post, “My Husband Is Not My Other Child“. If you need a little something to convince you, read these words and let them soak in.
My husband is more than a glorified door stop with a wallet. I was insulted she thought so little of him. That was it. Insulted.
How do you see your husband? How do you reference him to your friends or maybe even complete strangers?
You see, as a husband myself there are just a few things I really need from my wife. Her respect, encouragement and her loyalty. If I know those three things are in place, I can probably go without just about anything else whether it be physical, emotional or even dare I say it… sexual needs.
Do I believe there are far too many men in our society that don’t live up to the expectations and needs of being a husband and a father? Absolutely. Do I believe that popular culture and media and also done their part to tear down and destroy the image of an intelligent and capable father in the home? Absolutely? Do I think one of the drawbacks of extremists in the women’s rights movement is an emasculation of men? Right again.
So, let me ask you again. How do you view your husband? How do you talk about your husband to your friends and around complete strangers? I can almost guarantee you 100%, if you will respect, encourage and support him (even if he may not deserve it right now!) he’ll probably start to redevelop and remature into the man he’s supposed to be for you and your family.
- Tips and Resources for Being the Best Parent You Can Be - November 6, 2020
- Do We Need to Change the Rules? - November 27, 2018
- Book Review: Your Money, Your Marriage by Cherie & Brian Lowe - September 25, 2018
- Students Write About Digital Marketing and Win $1000 Scholarship - January 10, 2018
- Are We Pushing Our Kids Too Much - April 30, 2017
- Are You a Doctor? Didn’t Sleep in a Holiday Inn Last Night? - April 27, 2017
- A Brilliant Cross-Over From Real Life Fitness to Video Game Play - December 9, 2016
- How’s Your Husband Doing? - July 7, 2016
- Homeschooler Ryan Beard Performs on America’s Got Talent - June 29, 2016
- World War II Deaths Video Visualization - December 23, 2015